Material Manager (Wilke) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Material Manager (Wilke)
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Oversee the receiving, storing and issuing of a wide variety of parts, details and hardware to support shop operations and Goods Movement.
- Oversee the organization of parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, identifying part and stored location.
- Oversee the picking/staging function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted for in kits.
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with procedures.
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock.
- Transact to company computer systems per procedures with high integrity.
- Oversee that all material is received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions.
- Oversee the Issuing of material against approved paperwork such as affixing verification and traceability on required serialized parts before issuing. Validate Lot Trace.
- Interface with other organizations to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material.
- Maintain work order location accuracy.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Support Manufacturing team meetings as required.
- Focal point for Inventory transactions and work order transactions in support of ERP.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Support and maintain the organizations metric goals and objectives for inventory and Shop Floor.
- Performs supervisor duties with timecards, training, audits, procedure creation and performance reviews.
- 4 year degree and 10 years experience.
- Highly preferring experience gained through an automotive or commercial aircraft, high-volume manufacturing industry.
- APICS certification desired.
- 5 years MRP/Inventory Management experience desired.
- Computer Skills.
- Analytical and written skills.
- Microsoft applications a must.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED