Materials Manager Purcell Systems Incorporated
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Category: Domestic
This is a highly visible position with responsibility to provide results driven leadership to the receiving, receiving quality assurance, inventory, picking, material delivery, and cycle count functions. Key areas of accountability include, hands-on participation in department activities, planning, budgeting, resource management, training, best practices, quality, and continued improvement of responsible areas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Establish departmental goals and objectives that provide world-class Materials performance to the organization.
2. Establish and track meaningful departmental reports & measurements. Proactively lead the Materials team to continuously improve processes and procedures.
3. Determine priorities, set tasks, and provide direction for materials department personnel. Ensure proper execution through the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI?s) and metrics.
4. Work cross-functionally to minimize inventory value.
5. Function as Materials department representative to other departments within the company.
6. Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and TL 9000 standards.
7. Coordinate and communicate with other department representatives to ensure Materials activities are aligned with overall objectives to achieve department and corporate goals.
8. Ensure accuracy of data in the SAP system including location, quantity on hand, value, etc. Audit and reconcile inventory reports for inventory discrepancies. Determine root causes and recommends solutions to address related issues.
9. Analyze reports, measurements and external benchmarks to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
10. Resolve vendor discrepancies and report vendor issues to Supply Chain Management.
11. Directly manage those personnel assigned including staffing and personnel placement, employee relations, performance appraisals, discipline and termination, salary administration, mentoring and career development.
12. Perform physical or administrative tasks involved in receiving, QA and inventory, including material movement and placement and cycle count activities.
13. Complete other tasks, assignments, and projects as directed.
Education and Experience:
1. Minimum four-year bachelor?s degree from an accredited university in business administration, material management, accounting, or similar.
2. 7+ years working experience in a manufacturing environment with extensive experience in materials management, leadership, and MRP/ERP systems. APICS CPIM/CFPIM certified preferred.
3. Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, and thorough with strong planning, organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
4. Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
5. Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively delegate and the ability to evaluate and positively influence performance.
6. Forklift certification or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire required.
The incumbent will be notified of his or her work schedule. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
The incumbent will primarily work in a manufacturing environment. While in the production area, employees may be exposed to occupational hazards including, but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc., and must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices. The temperature in the production facility fluctuates with changing seasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The job description outlined above represents the primary job duties and requirements of this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills, and is subject to change during the course of employment.
Location Spokane , WA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 7
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Benefits: 401(k) Plan
9 Company Paid Holidays
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Medical, Vision & Rx Insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
Short/Long Term Disability Ins.
Voluntary Life Insurance
||Spokane, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED