Materials Scientist - Research & Development Applied Microstructures
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED This person will be responsible for the creation and characterization of novel thin film coatings using vacuum-based vapor deposition techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create, develop, optimize, and validate novel thin film coating processes for vapor depositing oxides, ceramics, and hybrid organic/ inorganic species
- Characterize prepared thin films using appropriate relevant techniques such as goniometry, ellipsometry, XPS, MS, NMR, FTIR, SEM, TEM, XRD, XRF, Raman, elemental analysis, UV/Vis, etc.
- Contribute to the IP portfolio of the company
- Publish and present company technology at appropriate conferences and in refereed journals
- Lead R&D projects, mentor, and supervise others
- Optimize processes for customer-specific applications; demonstrate process technology to customers; document and present results to customers
- Act as primary process resource for driving equipment modifications and product development; help engineering team troubleshoot hardware problems; participate in product development and C&F work
- Help customers troubleshoot process problems
- Background in vacuum-based thin film vapor deposition techniques and chemical precursor safe handling practices
- Experience performing experiments with highly reactive materials that are moisture and/ or air sensitive
- Detailed knowledge of theory of vacuum operation, chemistry of coating reactions, surface reactions, and process modeling
- More than 5 years experience in start-up, operation, and maintenance of vacuum-based vapor deposition thin film process equipment (i.e. ALD/ CVD/ PVD/ Etch etc.)
- Extensive thin film characterization experience using goniometry, ellipsometry, XPS, MS, NMR, FTIR, SEM, TEM, XRD, XRF, Raman, elemental analysis, UV/Vis, etc.
- Strong background in statistical process analysis and control (i.e. DOE, SPC)
- Ability to mentor and supervise others and lead projects
- Master's Degree or higher in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related discipline
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Goal oriented individual that can work both independently and as part of a team
- Customer focused, flexible, and adaptable
- Data driven and quality oriented; able to get things done efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 10 of time)
- Must currently be legally authorized to work in the USA.
||1020 Rincon Circle |
San Jose, CA 95131
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED