Math Teacher Apangea Learning
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Math Teacher is a team player with drive, ambition and self-motivation to exceed educational business objectives. The Think Through Math Teaching Team has grown significantly and plans to continue to grow to meet the needs of consistently-increasing usage. Individuals in this role will work from their home or the Pittsburgh office, potentially splitting their time between teaching and content development. As teachers, our goal is to provide high quality, efficient instruction to all students. We are committed to helping students understand math concepts and value the positive results of their effort. This position will report to the Manager of Math Teachers.
Know and understand the Think Through Math product.
Provide high-quality, efficient instruction with the goal of encouraging student effort and supporting conceptual understanding
Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop consistent and educationally sound instructional practices.
Complete training week onsite in our Pittsburgh, PA office
Provide ongoing math-teaching services to students in grades 3-12 using our unique technology.
Work with up to 4 students simultaneously through text and audio communication, usually at different grade levels ranging from 3 to Algebra.
Provide trainings and sales demonstrations online to prospective clients
Part-time employees must work a minimum of 10 hours per week but typically can average 20 - 30 hours per week. Hours during summer months (June-August) can be below 10 hours per week and are not guaranteed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in education or a related field is required.
2. State teaching certification required (middle school math or secondary math certification is preferred).
3. Act 34, 114 and 151 Clearances required.
4. Demonstrated successful experience in education or an education-related field.
5. Ability to multi-task and independently problem-solve.
6. Strong personality and communication skills.
7. Strong technology skills with an emphasis on typing skills and the Microsoft Office software suite.
||925 Liberty Avenue |
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED