Mechanical Designer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Launch Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
The Company SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Assist in the design and routing of mechanical fluid systems (tubes and pipes) at our Vandenberg and Cape Canaveral Launch Facilities; be prepared to generate many design iterations in a very short period of time
- Use your well-rounded technical knowledge to display proficiency in well thought-out routed systems that contain both tubes and pipes
- Ability to employ existing skills to skid and support system design
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of professional experience modeling large mechanical systems within a fast paced environment requiring high-levels of autonomy
- Demonstrated experience in the area of mechanical routing for fluid systems (both tubes and pipes)
- Must have expert level Unigraphics/NX skills; Experience with other CAD applications will not substitute for this role
- Must be able to read and understand schematics (specifically fluids and gases)
- Ability to travel to our launch sites in Florida and Central California as needed
- Must be able to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Ability to grasp definitions and requirements quickly while prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar area of study preferred
- Understanding and ability to apply basic Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED