Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
We are currently seeking a creative and highly motivated Mechanical Engineer for our Battery Safety and R&D team to evaluate the safety performance of cells and batteries.
Develop new and often unconventional design concepts and test methodologies.
- Work closely with battery engineers and battery manufacturing engineers to determine safety performance and mechanisms which determine that performance.
- Work with a small, highly motivated, high performance team of research engineers.
- Design and execute innovative thermal, electrical, and mechanical safety test procedures on battery cells, modules, and packs in order to inform and qualify the next generation of electric vehicle battery technology.
- Intellectual ownership of the precision and accuracy of test equipment.
- Collect, interpret, and clearly document and communicate test results.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Physics or similar degree with exposure to:
Engineering materials science
- Exposure during industry or academic experiences to:
Design and testing of mechanical, fluid, and thermal systems (electrochemical systems preferred)
Data analysis and interpretation (for example, MATLAB)
Data acquisition (for example, LabVIEW)
High voltage systems
- Strong analytic problem solving skills.
- Hands on.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- A passion for energetic and dynamic testing rivaled only by a passion for scientific rigor.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|