Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We are building a technically strong, fast-moving team that prides itself on superior execution.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to provide mechanical design support for the Charging Systems Engineering Team. This mechanical engineer will play a key role in the design of stationary charging equipment. Charging equipment features a lot of high current and medium voltage electromechanical design, as well as a lot of customer facing user focused design.
- Design electronics packaging and enclosures using 3D solid modeling
- Design thermal systems for power electronics
- Design/redesign components for manufacturability
- Create specifications, DFMEAs, and test reports
- Create detailed drawings from solid models for various fabrication techniques (CNC/manual machining, welding, sheet metal forming, injection molding, stamping, extrusions, die casting).
- Create and manage BOMs using PLM software
- Support building and testing of prototypes, including hands-on fabrication
- Assist in the transition between early one-off design and assembly line production.
- Collaborative work with design engineering, reliability, and manufacturing teams
- Supply technical support to Tesla supply chain and quality to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of Charging Systems components
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 3D CAD skills (Catia V5 preferred)
- Comfortable working in a machine shop
- Basic understanding of electronics (high voltage knowledge a plus)
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|