Mechanical Engineer, Hydraulics SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Mechanical Engineer, Hydraulics
Launch - Cape Canaveral Operations | Cape Canaveral, FL, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Assist in the analytical design and development of propellant and pressurant systems required to launch the vehicle. The systems include liquid oxygen, RP-1, gaseous helium, gaseous nitrogen, hydraulics, water, and environmental control systems.
- Assist in the analytical design, maintenance, and operation of the vehicle transporter erector (TE) including all of the TE hydraulic systems.
- Perform pre and post launch operations on the vehicle and ground systems
- Use fluid dynamic, thermodynamic, and heat transfer scientific knowledge is required to design tubing and piping systems ranging in size from Â¼â€ to 18â€ diameter. In addition, knowledge of ASME and related fundamental specifications is desired.
- Help SpaceX achieve its long-term goal of creating the world's first fully automated launch system capable of rolling the vehicle to the pad, raising it to position, fueling the vehicle, and executing a full launch sequence within a 1-hour time window.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar area of study required
- Strong understanding of fluid mechanics
- Must be able to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Master of Science on Mechanical Engineering
- Successfully Passed the Florida Fundamentals of Engineering Exam or Professional Engineering Exam (PE Licensed)
- Demonstrated expertise designing and operating hydraulic systems
- Demonstrated expertise designing and operating propellant and gas systems
- Experience designing and operating cryogenic systems
- Experience modeling fluid system prior to construction to increase system reliability
- Experience using and troubleshooting ground control systems required for remote operations and instrumentation feedback
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, incentive stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Cape Canaveral, FL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED