Mechanical Engineer - Instrumentation Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: This position is accountable for executing mechanical projects for the engineering group by creating robust, economical designs for automated instruments. Apply advanced problem solving and project management skills to support rapid business growth, cost reduction efforts, resource utilization, process efficiency and reliability of operations.
1. Assist in creating robust, economical designs for automated instruments that include machined and molded parts, sheet metal, simple optical assemblies, and motion control systems.
2. Design mechanical devices and systems using SolidWorks software. Devices include enclosures, motion stages, optical housings, liquid handling systems, packaging and shipping materials.
3. Provide clear, organized documentation to be used by other engineers, production, outside suppliers, consultants, and regulatory agencies.
4. Coordinate transfer of designs to production, train assemblers and help production with the more complex mechanical problems.
5. Use tools, design methods, and production approaches that are consistent with the most current technologies
6. Communicate with other engineers, outside consultants, marketers, planners and customers to coordinate and refine instrument designs.
7. Specify parts and materials and work with suppliers to implement designs.
8. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
1. Track and report project progress, status, and time in detail.
2. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
3. Special projects as assigned.
1. B.S. degree in Engineering.
2. Proficiency with SolidWorks (Solidworks Enterprise PDM Expereince a plus).
3. Experience with machined parts, sheet metal and plastic molding processes.
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve potential issues.
5. Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
6. Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. 1-3 years of industry experience designing electro-mechanical instrumentation.
2. Experience with ISO 13485 and CFR Part 820.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day.
2. Ability to work in areas of limited space and varying environmental temperatures.
3. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
4. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
5. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
6. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical and biological materials.
7. Ability to travel by car or airplane, for one or several days, to suppliers, equipment vendors, etc.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
||Sunnyvale, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED