Mechanical Engineer (Integration) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Mechanical Engineer (Integration)
Avionics - Hardware Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Avionics (Mechanical Integration) - Our Avionics group works to design, develop, test, analyze and integrate all the electronic hardware and software for our Falcon Rockets and Dragon Spacecraft. The Mechanical Integration Team is specifically responsible for incorporating avionics into all top-level assembly and end-vehicle design. They are also responsible for design, development, and integration of secondary structure across the F9 and Dragon product families.
- Gather design objectives and requirements from the stakeholders of various assemblies
- Develop packaging/integration solutions that meet requirements while minimizing mass and cost
- Design and analyze secondary structure, test equipment, and ground support equipment
- Perform development and qualification testing on secondary structure
- Troubleshoot production issues during vehicle integration, testing, and launch campaigns
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent area of focus; Master's Degree and/or strong academic project experience is preferred
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of project experience working as a mechanical engineer designing complex components and assemblies; industry experience is preferred, however, strong academic project experience will be considered
- Candidates must have modeling experience with 3D parametric CAD software; Unigraphics is preferred
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED