Mechanical Engineer Purcell Systems Incorporated
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Category: Domestic
Generate creative mechanical designs of outdoor cabinet solutions for the provision of outdoor compliant power, battery, and other systems using sound engineering principles and refining these concepts into robust designs that meet customer performance, integrity and aesthetic requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Review customer source control drawings, specification control drawings and other applicable specifications to determine needs, feasibility and requirements.
2. Complete design analysis of possible solutions, including structural, thermal, environmental, standards compliance.
3. Perform preliminary work in development of working layouts and drawings adequate for detailing parts and units of design for new proposals and current designs.
4. Design, draft, and layout drawings of components, assemblies, and systems from specifications, source control drawings, sketches, models, prototypes or verbal instructions.
5. Maintain assigned planning schedule to include project definition, project creation and process control. Keep appropriate personnel apprised of all major milestones for successful completion of each project.
6. Generate engineering specifications, cost estimates, and development schedule estimates.
7. Make revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design drawings.
8. Work with production, operations, purchasing, quality control, sales, accounting, and other internal team members to coordinate work activities, support project managements, and define problems and solutions.
9. Participate in prototype generation/coordination and laboratory testing.
10. Ensure compliance with quality systems procedures.
11. Create and update 3D model and drawing data, bills of materials, and assembly instructions.
12. Participates in engineering and general design reviews.
13. Prepare technical data such as qualification test procedures, acceptance test procedures, reports, component maintenance manuals, etc.
14. Assist with the preparation of proposal documentation, technical data such as qualification test procedures, acceptance test procedures, reports, etc.
15. Provide input on processes, procedures, materials, and services to support innovation and continuous improvement.
16. Fosters a values-based culture characterized by respect for employees and others, and a productive and fun work environment.
17. Follows company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct.
18. Takes responsibility for maintaining a safe working environment by following safety procedures, using personal protective equipment as appropriate, being aware of surroundings, and correcting or reporting potential safety hazards.
19. Complete other tasks, assignments, and projects as directed.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor?s degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2. Understanding of thermodynamics, enclosure construction, electronics packaging, sheet metal processes, machining, plastic molding, and HVAC systems and standards including UL, CSA, NEMA, and NEBS preferred.
3. Working knowledge of material costing, part cost estimation, product pricing preferred.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, SolidWorks, and ERP/MRP systems (SAP) preferred.
The incumbent will be notified of his or her work schedule. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
The incumbent will work in both office and manufacturing environments. While in the production area, employees may be exposed to occupational hazards including, but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc., and must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices. The temperature in the production facility fluctuates with changing seasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires significant desk and computer work, in addition to moving about the office, testing, and production areas. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The job description outlined above represents the primary job duties and requirements of this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills, and is subject to change during the course of employment.
Location Spokane , WA
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Benefits: 401(k) Plan
9 Company Paid Holidays
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Medical, Vision & Rx Insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
Short/Long Term Disability Ins.
Voluntary Life Insurance
||Spokane, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED