Mechanical Engineering Intern Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Apply engineering principles and methods to tasks which support the ongoing projects and responsibilities of the Promega Engineering department.
1. Equipment Evaluation ? Perform process and packaging equipment trials, either on line or with prototype test systems to determine best configurations for our products.
2. Equipment Fabrication ? Create designs and fabricate components as required for test fixturing and implementation of equipment improvements.
3. Process Automation ? Investigate and analyze manufacturing processes for automation potential. Research and identify appropriate equipment for automation of processes in operations, both in manufacturing and product finishing.
4. Project Assistant ? Assist, as required, with documentation and logistics tasks associated with approved engineering projects.
5. Process Improvement ? Investigate and analyze existing manufacturing processes for on-going continuous improvement in the areas of reliability, cost, throughput, capability, efficiency, workflow, and overall resource utilization.
6. Proactive Problem Solving ? identify equipment performance and process issues and either resolve them or propose timely recommendations to management for resolution.
1. Present updates at various project team meetings.
2. Ability to travel.
1. Junior or Senior status for BS in Engineering.
2. Mechanical and problem solving skills.
3. Some CAD (preferred AutoCad) training.
4. Proficiency with MS Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
1. PLC Programming.
2. Rapid Prototyping system experience.
1. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
2. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
3. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
4. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical, biological and packaging materials.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED