Meeting and Events Manager Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Meetings and Events Manager is responsible for the project management and execution of Workdayâs meetings and events. This position supports the development of new and existing events, and ensures that all related activities support the overall strategy set forth by each event owner.
- Project-manage meetings and events which include, but are not limited to, conferences, sales meetings, partner summits, executive meetings, and prospective and current customer events.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, venue research; contract negotiation; budget development; expense tracking; staffing assignments; food and beverage coordination; ancillary event management; registration services; team communication; website coordination; creative services coordination; sponsorship coordination; technical coordination; speaker management; event logistics; branded merchandise; vendor coordination; and post-event analysis.
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality across all event activities.
- Continually identify, propose, and implement cost-savings opportunities.
- Engage appropriate counterparts to gain best-practice knowledge and market trends outside of Workday which enhance internally-produced events.
- Support other event marketing efforts at various points in the year as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in event project management, executive event production, and/or conference production, in a fast-paced setting.
- Proven success in managing external vendors and suppliers.
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented and able to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines.
- Positive and consistent customer service orientation. Professional interpersonal skills for a spectrum of stakeholders. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly-competent budget development and management skills.
- Should possess a sense of connection in helping to achieve the companyâs annual sales goals.
- Resourceful, self-starter. Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and ever-changing tasks. Sense of urgency and strong work ethic.
- Limited travel as related to assigned events. Travel requirements may increase as needed for research and onsite coordination of expanding events portfolio.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. as related to event activities.
- Computer skills required (at a minimum): Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bachelorâs degree in marketing or related field.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services