Mentor - Front End Web Development Thinkful
Thinkful mentors may work remotely or from our office. This is a part-time position, with the potential to grow with the company, if that's your thing.
- Mentor students enrolled in our Front End Web Dev course as they work through a project-based curriculum.
- Lead weekly 1-on-1 sessions where you'll answer student questions, review and provide feedback on student code and projects, and guide students through the course.
- Participate in student communities to provide advice and review.
- Foster a sense of excitement in your students and guide them through the pitfalls of becomming a front end developer.
- Demonstrated expertise in front end web development.
- Powerful communication skills, with the ability to concisely explain new, complicated subjects to beginners and experts.
- Strong interest in the future of online learning and career education.
- Infectious enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
- Self-directed, with an ability to mentor students with minimal oversight.
To apply, follow the link below to our jobs page, then send us your LinkedIn or resume and a brief note about why you're a good fit.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We're an NYC-based startup that combines online education with expert-mentors to help anyone learn faster. Our mission is to advance the skills of our workforce and help everyone achieve their professional ambitions. Our online courses teach professional skills--such as web development--helping people learn faster than they could on their own.
< 5M RaisedInvestors: Peter Thiel
, Quotidian Ventures
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Thinkful
New York, NY 10010
|Company Profile:||About Thinkful
Thinkful trains people in technical skills for their future careers. We combine expert mentorship with a project-based curriculum to help people efficiently learn the skills they need to advance. In an economy that demands technical expertise, we believe that outcomes-driven education is a necessary part of everyone's lives.
Why work here
Have a voice in the future of education at Thinkful. We are teachers and technologists, designers and producers. Every member of the team contributes to our culture that values intellectual honesty. Join an exciting, funded startup as we continue to grow and advance the state of online learning.|
Support Thinkful with Social Media services