Merchandising Analyst Optoro
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Merchandising department's mission is to manage the content, listings and products across BLINQ.com and our various marketplaces to maximize revenue and profitability. To accomplish that goal, we optimize listings, marketplace search keywords, and promotional campaigns on eBay, Amazon, Buy.com and other secondary marketplaces as well as reprice products to optimize velocity and margins. We continually monitor marketplaces for listing quality, pricing and correct any issues either manually or by working with the Technology department.
The Merchandising Analyst will be responsible for preparing and pricing consumer products for sale on multiple online marketplaces. This position is ideal for entrepreneurial candidates who are interested in working in a start-up environment and would like to gain knowledge and experience in the e-commerce world. This is a full-time exempt position in the Lanham, Maryland office.
- Preparing and pricing consumer products for sale on multiple online marketplaces
- Ensuring all listings are accurate, optimized for search, and well written to captivate the consumer
- Ensuring that listings come up in searches within marketplaces and have healthy impressions, clicks and sales
- Determining ways to improve the listing, pricing, images, etc. to get healthy sales for listings that have poor impressions
- Including product for email campaigns within marketplaces like Buy.com and eBay
- Repricing products in order to optimize velocity and margins
- Helping with initial pricing research in an emergency
- Knowledge and proficiency in using research tools such as Terapeak and Marketplace management tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Good writing skills
- Business-minded - pricing is not only a matter of crunching numbers but also understanding our business model and working within our parameters to achieve goals
- Attention to detail - differences between listings can at times be very minute and the analyst must pay attention to the specifics to realize this
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Eager, self-motivated and driven
- Proven ability to manage the workload and multitask
- Quick learner
- Inquisitive - we have an extremely diverse set of products and being inquisitive will help build a broad base of background knowledge, which will in turn help with the marketing of our products
- Creative problem solver - own the area of responsibility and look for ways to improve not just maintain the process
- A good attitude and ability to work well with others
- A Bachelor's degree from a 4 year college (or equivalent) is preferred
Optoro is proud to offer a generous benefits package to our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Company-Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Company-Sponsored Events
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com and include the position title in the Subject Line of your email.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Optoro is a rapidly growing technology company, providing software and ecommerce marketing solutions for excess and returned inventory. We work with some of the biggest names in retail, such as Home Depot and BJs Wholesale, and our proprietary software platform is revolutionizing the reverse logistics industry.
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: Grotech Ventures
, Revolution Growth All Jobs: at Optoro
|Headquarters:||5001-A Forbes Blvd|
Lanham, MD 20706
|Industry:||Retailing / Distribution|
|Company Profile:||Optoro is a rapidly growing technology company, providing software and ecommerce marketing solutions for excess and returned inventory. We work with some of the biggest names in retail, such as Home Depot and BJs Wholesale, and our proprietary software platform is revolutionizing the reverse logistics industry.
Originally launched in the Washington, DC area in 2004 as eSpot, Optoro was founded in 2008 and has an experienced management team with an outstanding group of investors including Revolution Growth fund (lead by former AOL executives Steve Case and Ted Leonsis) and Grotech Ventures. We are looking for individuals with energy, passion and dedication to thrive in our fast-paced, client-centric environment. For more information, please visit www.optoro.com and www.BLINQ.com.
Support Optoro with Social Media services