Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The MES Engineer is a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team. He/She will work as a member of a team tasked to implement Tesla's first Manufacturing Execution System. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and implement state-of-the-art MES in the fast pace company. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and interested in learning about manufacturing processes, software and support. They will have a history of success and come from a strong technical education. The MES Engineer will leverage his/her technical education and problem solving skills during our initial implementation and rollout of MES to multiple production lines. He/She takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Gathering requirements, creating technical specification, and the design and development of complex MES projects
- Contribute to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems
- Develop and implement system support process and documentation
- Configure enterprise-scale MES software introduction and subsequent roll-out to future production lines
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of the long-term MES support strategy
- Develop and validate software test plans
- Maintain multiple environments i.e. Development, QA, Production
- Work closely with Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, and Supply Chain teams
- Interact with teams of engineers from multiple disciplines
- BS or higher degree in a relevant engineering or information technology discipline
- Design, development and implementation of mission critical applications using the .NET Framework and SQL technology stack.
- Experience building server-side code for web-based applications
- Develop prototypes and create robust high-volume production applications.
- Solid programming background with C#,
- Desirable - Any experience with Manufacturing Plant Floor technologies
o Plus - experience with one or more Manufacturing Technologies and Tools: GEIP Proficy, Cimplicity, SCADA, Apriso FlexNet.
- Leadership proficiency with designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Strong expertise in software code analysis, requirements development, software review, identification of code metrics, and Object-Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Proven ability to evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation and to enforce standards
- Proven experience in defining, designing, and implementing reusable design patterns/frameworks and component
- Software development/programming and support experience
- Experience with machines integration and Enterprise systems is a plus
- Production sequencing and labor management configuration experience is a plus
- Experience with Crystal Reports a plus
- Enthusiasm for creating robust manufacturing processes and resulting MES workflows
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, and supply chain principles
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Mastery of Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|