MES Business Analyst SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
MES Business Analyst
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Manufacturing/Production â€" One of the most critical needs we now have at SpaceX is for Manufacturing/Production engineers. With two vehicles flight proven, we have a $3 billion backlog of sold flights. The next critical phase is proving our ability to build rockets with increasing speed while maintaining quality in order to meet the markets high demand. We are looking to add manufacturing engineers throughout the company.
- Specify the configuration of servers, network equipment, and other IT datacenter systems to support manufacturing.
- Select appropriate technologies for data storage of complex avionics testing data.
- Identify integration opportunities between manufacturing databases, providing data access to decision makers.
- Implement database connections and translations to allow designers and production engineers to see how a product arrived at its current state.
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 2 -3 years IT operation experience with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience in server hardware, management software, storage technologies, and networking.
- Familiarity with Seimens Sematic IT, AEGIS or other Manufacturing Execution Software (MES) products is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database systems, Network Appliance storage systems, and industry standard storage mechanisms for Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms.
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED