Metrologist - 6 Month Project Employee Promega
--This is a 6 month project position that does not include our health benefit package--
JOB OBJECTIVE: To calibrate, maintain and repair laboratory test equipment
1. Test, adjust, repair and calibrate laboratory equipment.
2. Assist with and design equipment specifications, calibrations and standard operating procedures.
3. Design and manufacture of test jigs, circuit devices and test standards as required.
4. Prioritize and schedule work load to meet customer needs while keeping overdue items to a minimum.
5. Schedule and perform preventive maintenance service on a variety of laboratory equipment.
6. Work closely with the Senior Metrologist/Engineer to prioritize and schedule work load to meet customer needs while keeping overdue items to a minimum.
7. Work within the ERP system to record calibration data and repair history.
8. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
9. Work closely with the Senior Metrologist/Engineer, and stay informed of all department related activities.
10. Assist laboratory personnel as required to maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Provide instruction to scientific staff on proper operation and use of test equipment.
2. Assist the scientific staff in determining which equipment to purchase.
1. Minimum of Associate Degree in an electrical/electronic/scientific/metrology discipline.
2. Minimum of five years of experience in laboratory instrument maintenance and calibration, or equivalent.
3. Computer literacy to include Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. Understand requirements for conformance to ISO 13485, and traceability of standards and test equipment.
1. The ability to work and communicate well with a diversified scientific staff and respond promptly and efficiently to their needs.
2. The ability to prioritize work activities in a manner that results in efficient and responsive technical maintenance department performance.
3. The ability to maintain a positive, productive and flexible work attitude with a willingness to adjust schedule as required.
1. Able to move objects ranging in weight, up to 60 lbs.
2. Able to work in areas with limited space.
3. Able to climb ladders occasionally.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||Madison, WI |