Microcontroller Applications Engineer-Recent Graduate (11786715) Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-Oak Hill (TX30)
Job Field: Engineering
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Type: Recent Graduate
Relocation Available?: No
Freescale Semiconductor is the global leader in embedded processing solutions, supporting the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets. From microprocessors and microcontrollers to sensors, analog ICs and connectivity ? our vital technologies are the foundation to the innovations that make our world greener, safer, healthier and more connected. For more than 50 years, Freescale has played an essential role in the evolution of embedded solutions, and we want you to be a part of our next half-century. Freescale is committed to attracting great people of all styles, thoughts, cultures and backgrounds. We are driven by a culture of ownership, teamwork, and results - an engagement worldwide of more than 18,000 employees.
Automotive Microcontroller Division
The Automotive Microcontroller Division is a global leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of automotive microcontrollers (MCUs) and embedded processors. These products include 8, 16 and 32-bit MCUs, 16-bit digital signal controllers (DSCs) and 32-bit microprocessors. Freescale is the world's No. 1 supplier of semiconductors to global auto manufacturers and the No. 2 supplier of MCUs. We provide comprehensive design solutions, including software, development tools, application support, training, documentation and reference platforms, enabling our customers to rapidly go to market.
The Austin Automotive Applications team provides systems and applications technical support and consultation to the leading Automotive OEMs and Tier Ones worldwide. This team is responsible for developing technical collateral and training, including hardware and software, to support the extensive portfolio of market leading, innovative, new and existing Freescale Automotive MCUs.
As a Microcontroller Applications Engineer, you will:
Provide technical support to customers to facilitate the smooth integration of Freescale Automotive MCU products. This involves working directly with customers and Freescale?s internal field applications engineering, sales and design teams to optimize Freescale?s current products for specific customer applications.
Create evaluation/demonstration hardware and software, write technical documentation and training materials, solve customer system and circuit design issues, and respond to questions from customers, field application engineers and our sales and marketing teams.
Work with design, product engineering and marketing teams to enable the successful launch of new products.
Perform pre-silicon validation of new modules in FPGA or other emulation environments.
- Bachelor?s or Master?s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Hardware and software design experience with microcontrollers
- Strong embedded programming skills, C and assembly
- Knowledge/skill with compilers, emulators, and RTOS?s (Real Time Operating System), and system debugging techniques is desirable
- Good working knowledge of 32 bit microcontroller architectures. Experience with Freescale microcontrollers is a plus.
- Working knowledge of communications protocols, such as LIN, CAN, Ethernet, USB, and others are very desirable.
- Lab skills with debug tools, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, LabView, etc.
- Must have very strong interpersonal communications skills (oral and written)
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED