Millwright (#54) Aquion Energy
Mt. Pleasant, PA
Millwrights are responsible for moving, assembling and setting equipment when it arrives at the job site. Using hoisting and moving equipment, they position the pieces that need to be assembled and install all service connects except electrical connections. Their job requires a thorough knowledge of the load-bearing capabilities of the equipment they use as well as an understanding of blueprints and technical instructions. They are responsible for general fabrication and welding of stands, guards, mezzanines, and other fabrications. They will perform maintenance functions such as large equipment shaft alignments, bearing changes, and in-place welding, cutting, and service upgrades as required. They will provide daily upkeep of large scale services equipment such as compressors, DI- water systems, HVAC, boilers, and chillers.
1) Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
2) Align machines, shafts and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
3) Connect machines to water, compressed air, gases or steam piping to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
4) Involved in routine tasks, such as lubrication of machinery, bearing replacement, seal replacement, cleaning of parts during an overhaul and preventative maintenance.
5) Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
6) Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
7) Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
8) Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
9) Install welded, threaded, and plastic piping systems for compressed air, water, steam, wastewater, and lab gasses.
10) Fabricate various structures including tray stands, bin stands, guards, platforms and mezzanines involving fabrication of sheet metals, plastics, and formed steel components
11) ) Working within precise limits or standards of accuracy, at heights without fear; the use of logical step-by-step procedures in work; planning, solving problems and decision-making based on quantifiable information.
12)Ability to weld, cut and fabricate using gas cutting, plasma cutting, gas welding, MIG, TIG, Stick welding, shears, sheet metal brakes, benders, band saws, and other general fabrication tools.
13) Have a good understanding of fluid mechanics (hydraulics and pneumatics) and all of the components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinders, pumps and compressors/pumps.
14) Must be able to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
15)In the course of work, required to move, assemble and install machinery and equipment such as shafting, precision bearings, gear boxes, motors, mechanical clutches, conveyors, and tram rails, using hoists, pulleys, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
16)May also perform all duties of general laborer, pipefitter, and carpenter.
17)Daily service and upgrades of chiller, boiler, HVAC, compressors, DI water, and wastewater treatment systems
Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance
Design - Knowledge of the design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
Two-year technical degree in a related field or a certified apprenticeship program and a minimum of 3-5 years full time industrial millwright experience.
Ability to certify as a fork truck driver
Experience working in an industrial setting or manufacturing environment a plus.
Ability to wear appropriate respiratory and other PPE as required.
Ability to lift up to 50Lbs. and stand as much as 75% of the time
||Mt. Pleasant, PA |