Mission Integrator SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Product Development & Mission Management | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Product and Mission Management
The Product and Mission Management Office at SpaceX is charged with leading, at a programmatic level, the successful execution of the terms and conditions agreed to by contract with our customers. The office includes roles in product management, business development and sales support, proposal development, mission management, mission engineering, contract management, scheduling, and regulatory coordination.
Our Rapid growth has created new openings in our Product and Mission Management Department for Mission (Project) Integrators (MI). SpaceX Mission Integrators are responsible for activities associated with an assigned launch contract. The MI supports the Product and Mission Managers with various mission integration tasks to ensure they are completed in a quality and timely fashion.
- Supporting Product and Mission managers with the understanding of all aspects of launch contract and insuring proper execution thereof
- Supporting Product and Mission managers with range and range related documentation submittals dealing with Launch vehicle and payload inputs
- Supporting Product and Mission managers with content generation and submissions necessary to obtain launch licenses (FAA) and US State department ITAR compliance documents (TAA's, TTCP's, Import/Export Paperwork)
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of Project master schedules
- Assist with the coordinate all customer reviews and contract deliverables
- Assist with integration meetings
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of the Mission Interface Control Document (ICD)
- Help technical staff understand mission effort so that they can plan their tasks appropriately to maintain schedule
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- BS Degree with minimum 5 years industry experience
- Technical project Management experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience working with cross-functional team and external customers
- Highly detail oriented, diligent, hard working with excellent customer interface skills
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED