Mission Manager SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Product Development & Mission Management | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 70% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
The Product and Mission Management Office at SpaceX is charged with leading, at a programmatic level, the successful execution of the terms and conditions agreed to by contract with our customers. The office includes roles in product management, business development and sales support, proposal development, mission management, mission engineering, contract management, scheduling, and regulatory coordination.
Our Rapid growth has created new openings in our Business Development Department for Experienced Mission (Project) Managers (MM) specializing in U.S. Government launch missions. SpaceX Mission Managers are responsible for all activities associated with an assigned launch contract. The MM serves as the primary POC for the customer; not completing all technical tasks but rather ensuring that all tasks are completed in a reliable and timely fashion.
- Understanding all aspects of one's assigned launch service contract and insuring proper execution thereof
- Work with Launch Operations group to get all range and range related documentation submitted with payload inputs, and insure that customer launch site processing runs smoothly
- Work with Production Group to understand vehicle readiness
- Generate all content for launch license applications (FAA and ITAR)-- submit FAA, facilitate ITAR submittal
- Generate and manage the project's master schedule and regularly report modifications to customer
- Coordinate and chair all customer reviews and ensure that contract deliverables are delivered on time and per the customer's expectation
- Run all payload-to-launch vehicle integration meetings; generate and OWN the Interface Control Document
- Help technical staff understand mission effort so that they can plan their tasks appropriately to maintain schedule
- Ensure all mission related ITAR processes are adhered to
- Assist in the Government Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) certification process, especially when related to assigned mission
- Primary interface for SpaceX in government led mission reviews
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- BS Degree with minimum 7 years industry experience (Master's Degree preferred)
- Technical project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience working with cross-functional team and external customers
- Highly detail oriented, diligent, hard working with excellent customer interface skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance (existing security clearance preferred)
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED