Mobile Engineering Manager Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Are you passionate about building and leading talented engineering teams? Do you believe that SaaS is the future for ERP applications? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Are you passionate about mobile development?
Workdayâs Mobile team is responsible for developing a framework and widgets for application developers to use in building our world class solutions. Think of it as a mobile browser for business applications with a much more focused and sophisticated set of widgets than any off-the-shelf library can offer.
- Lead a team of dynamic developers to build and maintain Workdayâs mobile clients.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to the direct report staff in both technical and non-technical issues. Ensure high productivity of the team members. Provide support for their career growth and personal development.
- Grow the team â partner with your HR recruiter to find great developers and bring them on board quickly.
- Plan releases and schedule development. Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks. Track and report progress of the project against key milestones. Balance resources with task assignments. Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of the project.
- Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Provide liaison with relevant parties, including product management, QA, other development teams, production, product support, etc., to facilitate the release process. Manage development related customer escalation when needed.
- Contribute to process improvement within development organization. Institute and adopt best engineering practices.
- Innovation is a key part of the Workday culture. We take pride in our ability to think outside the box and come up with brilliant solutions to old issues. In this role, you will be responsible for promoting innovation and leadership in the team.
- Passionate about mobile development and have led the development and delivery of mobile applications for either iOS or Android.
- Proven ability to recruit, build, mentor, motivate and inspire a world-class team of developers.
- At least 2 years experience in managing agile teams.
- Must possess the strong organizational skills necessary to drive the planning and execution of complex software development projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related fields. Â Â Deep technical understanding of either iOS or Android development platforms.
- Experience in a fast paced environment is a plus.
||San Francisco, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services