Mobile Lead-Android Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Engineering gets respect.
We use the phrase 'we're a tech company that does Real Estate' to emphasize how important engineering is to the company. Engineering is the department that drives our apps, tools, data, and interfaces forward. This attitude comes not only from the Engineers, but from our CEO and other top management. They believe in us.
We have awesome problems to solve.
The housing market provides a fantastic blend of problems. We need creative people to help us combine the data about every address in America with the soft side of helping people find a home that makes them feel safe, happy, and comfortable.
Stability is wonderful.
We're that rare company that holds the culture of its startup roots, while blending in the sanity of a regular work schedule with an emphasis on work/life/family balance. It's like this because we worked hard to make it this way.
What you'll work on:
- You'll be technical lead of the team responsible for all of Trulia's Android application development. This includes top rated phone and tablet apps in the main Google app store and even a few apps for Kindle. These apps are used by millions of consumers and real estate professionals each day, so the work you do will have huge impact.
- You'll contribute to Trulia's awesome, employee-centric team, managing the team of developers who work on the core android experience, and mentoring developers across all teams.
- You'll join forces with other engineering leads to achieve great things, including coordination projects across all display methods, bottom-up performance changes, enumerating and prioritizing engineering goals, and more.
Who are you:
- You have senior level technical chops, working in a professional coding environment for over five years
- You've been working directly with Android for at least 3 years
- You understand how to manage several apps that are always in progress
- You've demonstrated success innovating with Engineering, Product and Design teams
- You enjoy motivating and mentoring talented engineers, helping them navigate tough tradeoffs between functionality, complexity and time.
- You live to break down and solving complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- You're a great person that willingly collaborates, listens, and cares about treating people fairly.
- Your work commands a top ranking in the app stores
What you'll work with:
We currently have 3 apps in Google Play and 2 for Kindle Fire. We use the standard Android framework with ActionBarSherlock and Android support library for UI consistency and device accessibility. We start with great user experience, ensure app stability, and focus on performance and code readability. We use ANT with Jenkins for our continuous integration. We release frequently and are working with Robolectric and Android uiautomator for testing. We use Git, and are nurturing a code review culture. We are always looking for new performance tools and optimization techniques to enhance our apps. If there's something that's a good idea for the team, we'll do our best to implement it.
How we work:
The engineering team is about a hundred people, and we break into small teams of 2-4 to focus on specific projects. We release often, with new features always under development and a strong focus on user experience. Our local QA team writes automation tests and does hand testing of your features, working with you to ensure that only high quality code gets to production. Organizationally, we're pretty flat, though you'll have a mentor with whom you'll have weekly 1-on-1 meetings, to review code, exchange ideas, and ensure we're doing everything we can for you to thrive in your role.
- 'Innovation Week' every quarter
- People you're happy to see every day
- Stocked Kitchens and two kegerators
- Penthouse roof deck
- All IDEs welcome
- Aeron chairs
- Opportunities to work directly with large OEMs and Google developers
- Great benefits (untracked time off, variety of health plans, 401k match)
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED