NDE Engineering Manager SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
NDE Engineering Manager
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Learn new emerging NDE technologies and support development efforts to bring them to use.
- Manage departmental schedule and needs. Interfacing with Engineering to determine best possible approach.
- Carry out feasibility evaluations and follow on tasks to complete NDE method to production usability.
- Conduct probability of detection studies of new NDE methods.
- Provide training to floor level NDE inspectors on new inspection methods.
- Work closely with our Propulsion, Structures, Launch and Avionics Engineers to determine inspection needs and communicate NDE abilities.
- Design support tooling for NDE inspection systems and automate/robotize inspections where possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical field.
- A minimum 10 years' experience in NDE methodologies.
- Experience leading a team is required
- Working knowledge or experience in Acoustic emission, ultrasonic and eddy current methods. Experience in Thermography and Laser Shearography also preferred.
- Candidate will use Unigraphics NX6 to design NDE support tooling components.
- Mechanical Engineering abilities to design support tooling for NDE inspection systems and to automate/robotize inspections.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Working knowledge of valves, regulators, fluid and pneumatic components.
- Strong fundamental understanding of physics.
- Fundamental understanding of fracture mechanics of materials (Metallic and composite materials).
- Hands-on experience with fluid and gas handling systems.
- Experience using test instrumentation and control components: Tensile testing equipment, pressure testing systems, automation/robot systems.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED