Network Engineer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We are looking for a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support LAN and WAN solutions for Splunk's worldwide network. This involves switches, routers, firewalls and includes VPNs, VoIP, QoS, internal and external routing protocols, etc. This role will also involve network activities related to SaaS solutions, and public and private cloud architectures. A strong network security focus will be needed throughout all these activities. A great opportunity to come work at an innovative company implementing next generation firewalls from Palo Alto Networks, which along with Splunk and other security solutions will give you a deep experience in networking and security.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Plan and deploy architectural improvements
- Participate in worldwide MPLS deployment
- Participate in worldwide Palo Alto Networks deployment
- Perform end-to-end administration of network infrastructure
- Support Cisco, Juniper, F5, and Palo Alto Network devices
- Transit and WAN management
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability, reliability, and usability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with company's security team
- Troubleshoot complex problems, resolving operational issues, and interacting with vendors, etc.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configuration
- Assist Engineering teams with lab configuration, testing, and lab gear
- Assist with network configurations related to SaaS, Public and Private Cloud initiatives
Education: Got it!
- 5+ years of network engineering experience required
- 3+ years of firewall experience required
- Deep understanding of networking concepts and knowledge of protocols and technologies such as IPSEC, Spanning Tree, VLANs, Cisco WiFi, RADIUS, QoS (VoIP, Video Conf), ACL's, PAN/ASA/ScreenOS firewalls, Cisco & Linux based IPS, BGP, OSPF, and F5 iRules.
- Experience in deployment strategies for new technologies within a geographically diverse corporate environment
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills. Customer service focus is key
- Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
- Able to incorporate Splunk's products to obtain Operational Intelligence into our business operations
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls a big plus
- Advanced monitoring & network analytics
- Bachelor Degree or comparable work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED