Network System Administrator Netsmart Technologies Inc.
Netsmart is the leading brand in the Health and Human Services Health Information Technologies (HIT) market, and we are seeking an experienced, creative professional to help us tell our story. Netsmart provides clinical solutions that are used by more than 18,000 organizations to improve the lives of more than 20,000,000 people a year in behavioral health, public health, substance abuse, methadone, I/DD and social services communities.
Netsmart will provide you with the tools you need for success, including a loyal, strong client base; great stories of our how solutions impact our clients' work; and freedom to develop new communications platforms. We're seeking your help to use those tools to develop content that best reflects our brand identity and shares our stories with our communities in significant, meaningful ways.
We are proud to offer an excellent compensation package which includes a complete suite of benefits for full-time employees, such as:
Health Insurance / Dental Insurance
Short / Long Term Disability
401(k) Plan / EAP
Flexible Savings Plans
We look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and exciting organization. We value individual contributions in a team setting, backed by a progressive set of support tools and training. If you are seeking an environment that encourages constant growth and skill improvement, consider a career at Netsmart Technologies, Inc.!
- The Netsmart Systems Administrator will work primarily at a client environment in Mansfield, Ohio, with some limited work out of our Columbus office.. This role will involve the installation, configuration, upgrading, troubleshooting, and performance management of desktops, servers, networking, storage, and security solutions within client environments of all sizes, operating system platforms, and technical complexity.
- Position Responsibilitie
- Complete Windows installation, patching, partitioning, packaging, and integration assignments within the environment
- Implement, troubleshoot, and support Citrix environments
- Work within the HIPAA security and privacy guidelines in implementing and securing client environment
- Install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot Windows based application environments
- Implement and support complex enterprise SQL Server database systems
- Implement and support complex network and storage environments including SAN, clustering, load balancing, multi-site VPNs, network IDS, and firewalls
- Provide technical support for client issues
- Complete various documentation assignments, as assigned by departmental management or team leaders, including: white papers, work instructions, wiki articles, client documentation, site sheets, knowledgebase articles, purchased product documentation, client communication, and other document types
- Provide exceptional customer service to Netsmart customers including rapidly responding to customer inquiries, addressing customer complaints, escalating customer issues to departmental leadership, and providing follow-up communications per departmental guidelines
- Other responsibilities as assigned by departmental management
||Mansfield, OH 44901 |