Network System Engineer Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: This role is primarily responsible for proficiently analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, securing, supporting and maintaining networking systems which host the organization?s cloud software products in a local datacenter and external hosting companies.
1. Proficiently analyze, design, develop, implement, secure, support and maintain networking systems.
2. Manage maintenance contracts; licensing agreements; proactive monitoring; backup and recovery systems; infrastructure security; infrastructure upgrades; and domain registrations.
3. Work closely with cross functional business areas and external customers to develop network hosting solutions to meet business objectives.
4. Provide escalated network support to customers and field technicians for Terso?s RFID based hardware appliances.
5. Work closely with direct supervisor to identify and implement business strategies that reduce expenses, reduce risks or increase revenue.
6. Proficiently resolve critical network systems issues and satisfy service level agreement objectives by working with cross functional business areas and external customers.
7. Present status, plans, findings and recommendations orally or in writing, in a proficient manner.
8. Proficiently manage and maintain standards, file structures, security, and access for production and development systems.
9. Actively participate in the Scrum software development process as a Scrum Team member:
? Participate as a network systems subject mater expert
? Define work items and estimate time needed for Sprint
? Report daily activity electronically and at the Daily Scrum standup meetings
? Meet or exceed Sprint commitment goals
? Visually demonstrate Sprint results
? Actively participate in Sprint Retrospective meetings
10. Proficiently evaluate and recommend plans for adopting emerging technologies important to the company.
11. Coach and assist other engineers.
12. Understand and comply with all departmental and company standards.
13. Understands and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support other cross functional business areas by providing input and analysis related to position.
2. Provide rotated off-hours (24x7) emergency and level three escalated engineering support.
3. Less than 10% travel, domestic or international.
4. Facilitate and execute disaster recovery emergencies.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced small startup company on a small 2 to 5 employee team with frequent changes in priorities and assignments.
2. Bachelors degree in network systems engineering, applied mathematics, information technology, or equivalent.
3. Minimum of 5 years experience and proficiency designing, planning, implementing and supporting modern network systems.
4. Minimum of 3 years? experience with VMWare virtual infrastructure; Windows operating systems; storage area networks and storage; server hardware; hardware firewalls; and Cisco IOS.
5. Proven experience developing, supporting and maintaining application software, including extensive user contact.
6. Demonstrable experience and proficiency with:
? Microsoft Windows operating systems
? Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, certificate services, and WSUS services
? VMWare virtual infrastructure
? Cisco IOS switches and routers
? Hitachi or EMC storage
? Dell, HP, or IBM servers
? Fotinet, Cisco, CheckPoint, or Juniper network firewalls
? Internet service providers
? Internet (IaaS) hosting providers
7. Change agent with demonstrable work experience.
8. Technology aggressive individual who seeks to continue improvement of their skills and are interested in sharing their expertise with others.
1. Experience with a cloud hosting provider such as AWS.
2. Experience interfacing with Enterprise Resource Planning software.
3. Familiarity with SAP, Navision, and/or Oracle ERP.
4. Familiarity with Amazon Web Services.
5. Familiarity with embedded design and development.
6. Familiarity with RFID or EPCIS standards.
1. Ability to lift and install networking systems equipment.
2. Ability to work with telephone and computer equipment.
Promega Corporation and Terso Solutions, Inc. are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED