New Business Development Associate Privco
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Our Company, PrivCo, one of New York's hottest start-ups, is looking for talented and passionate Corporate Clients Managers to join our team. If you're seeking an opportunity with a fast-growing startup and having an impact from Day 1, apply to join our fun, casual team in building our Company into the next billion-dollar startup! As a key member of our client development team, you'd have the priceless opportunity to work directly with our young, aspiring executive team, including our Founder/CEO (see bio), who already has built and sold a $100 million startup company (Vault.com) and is a winner of Top Entrepreneur of the Year.
Proof We'll Be Successful:
(1) The Press Loves Us! Our Company is now cited daily by the biggest media outlets, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, Time Magazine, The Today Show, NPR, The Financial Times, The LA Times, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Post, CNBC, Bloomberg, and across the globe like UK's Daily Guardian, Daily Mirror, BBC Television and The Times of India.
(2) Our Clients Love Us! Yes, unlike so many other startups that have no business model or paying clients, Our Company's clients already include big-name companies like Andreessen Horowitz (Silicon Valley's TOP V.C. Firm), AT Kearney, Bain Capital (the TOP Private Equity Firm), Forbes Magazine, Gartner Group (top market research firm), General Electric Co., Goldman Sachs, Google, Inc., and Silicon Valley Bank.
(3) We're funded! We have millions of dollars behind us, including funding from our successful, young serial entrepreneur Founder & CEO.
Our financial data company is seeking a high-energy, highly-driven, and highly-resourceful Client Development/Accounts Manager to develop relationships with key decision-makers in the Financial Research market and sell online subscription services to our proprietary and innovative research database. The candidate will have an opportunity to work directly with and learn from a successful entrepreneur (winner of Crain's Top Entrepreneur award and Wharton Business School's Entrepreneur-in-Residence). Though we are currently a small, entrepreneurial team, comparable companies include FactSet, CapIQ, Bloomberg, Reuters, Venture Beat, and Hoovers.
- Base salary (depending on experience) plus very generous sales commission schedule
- We also offer equity / stock options in our fast-growing business that we think will pay off big time! Other perks include paid time off, a health plan, and flexible schedules. Oh, and a casual wear-what-you-want cool loft-office in Chelsea and if we do say so ourselves, a team with the best taste in office music while we work.
- Establish and develop relationships with potential clients with the end goal of closing deals
- Assist with business development and market research practices working closely with the company's talented data and tech teams
- Most conversations with potential clients will be made by phone and email (inside sales) plus a small amount of travel to conferences, and some in-person meetings with larger potential clients in the NYC area
Qualifications: In addition to having a get-it-done attitude and being highly resourceful, the ideal candidate displays the following characteristics:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high energy level and assertiveness, as well as strong relationship-building skills
- Sales experience (especially to business customers) required or other business client experience is a plus
- New or Recent college graduate with a bachelor's degree in business-related discipline preferred
- Sincere and demonstrated interest in business & financial news
- A strong understanding of finance and accounting principles
- Ability to learn quickly and speak with confidence about financial services
- Strong attention to detail and ability and desire to learn quickly
Sampling of PrivCo coverage cited in the media:
Wall Street Journal
NY Daily News
New York Magazine
Los Angeles Times
||134 West 26th Street |
New York, NY 10010
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Tags:||Sales Business |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
PrivCo is the premier source for business and financial data on major, non-publicly traded corporations, including family owned, private equity owned, venture backed, and international unlisted companies. PrivCo provides accurate financial and business data and news and media content on over 500,000 major private companies globally (generally defined as having at least 10 million in annual revenue, or with substantial institutional capital funding).Self Funded All Jobs: at Privco
|Headquarters:||134 West 26th Street|
New York, NY 10010
|Company Profile:||PrivCo private company information includes verified private company financials to private M&A and venture capital transactions, accurate deal terms, and valuation multiples, private equity deals, founder and family ownership breakdowns, to privately-held bankruptcies, restructurings, IPOs and more. PrivCo has been called "Bloomberg on Private Companies", and has been cited in over 1,000 media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, New York Times, CNBC, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, BusinessWeek, The Times of London, San Jose Mercury News, and CNN, with clients ranging from Wall Street banks, private market firms, law firms, market research firms, and major business media.
Support Privco with Social Media services