NEW GRAD: IP Design Engineer (11784985) Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-Oak Hill (TX30)
Job Field: IC Design
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Type: Recent Graduate
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of embedded semiconductors for the automotive, consumer, industrial, networking and wireless markets. The privately held company is based in Austin, Texas, and has design, research and development, manufacturing or sales operations in more than 30 countries.
The i.MX design team within Freescale?s Microcontrollers Group is responsible for the design of applications processors used in e-reader, industrial, and auto infotainment markets, among others.
Job description: IP design engineer; support front-end chip design integration activities, including top-level connectivity, IP generation, RTL quality checking, timing constraint generation and validation.
- Use Verilog RTL-based tools to generate chip-level verilog netlists based on connectivity guidance from systems architecture and IP design teams.
- Write Verilog RTL behavioral code as required for chip integration purposes.
- Run quality-checking tools on Verilog RTL and timing constraints to verify correctness for syntax, DFT quality, timing quality, clock-domain-crossing, and power analysis, among other checks.
- Write Tcl or Perl based scripts and documentation for various integration netlist tasks.
- Collaborate with members of a global design team to complete large SoC (system-on-chip) projects.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 0-2 years of experience including co-ops and internships
- VLSI design flow understanding, either from coursework or intern experience preferred.
- Experience in coding Verilog, C/C++, Perl, Tcl preferred. Knowledge of Verilog is highest preference.
- Some experience in logical synthesis, functional verification, formal verification a plus.
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED