NOC Engineer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more thanÂ 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
â¨â¨The NOC Engineer will be responsible for supporting eHarmony's internal and external mission critical applications. Â The NOC Engineer will assist with monitoring systems and processes and procedures.Â This role willÂ work an overnight shift.
- Monitor all aspects of the global infrastructure, providing first tier troubleshooting and problem escalation as appropriate.
- Accurately evaluate the severity of an incident to provide event notification and status to the right audience. Coordinate the resolution of system events across multiple functional teams to ensure the timely resolution of the issue.
- Administer Nagios, Cacti, Xymon or other monitoring and trending systems.Â Â
- Create documentation and monitor, respond to and resolve trouble tickets.Â
- Propose and implement systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.Â
- Work with Operations team and Development team to build and maintain monitoring for eHarmony.
- BS or equivalent and 1-3 years of related experience.Â
- Experience with technical infrastructure supportÂ including Linux, basic networking, and server hardware
- Experience with 24x7 high availability operations best practices. Hands-on Enterprise Network and/or Server operations experience a plus.
- The candidate shall also possess working knowledge of daily operations in one or more of the following IT disciplines: Network Operation Center (NOC) Operations, Service Desk Operations, ITÂ Infrastructure Operations, Performance Management, IT Service Management, Data Center Operations.
- Exhibit excellent teamwork, focus on customer service and strong communication/documentation skills
- Able to follow written instructions and multi-task under pressure
- Run diagnostic tests and use specialized tools to detect job malfunctions, perform first tier trouble-shooting, alarm validation and escalation
- Be able to identify and diagnose customer pain points and own operational and small project delivery tasksÂ
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to deal with ambiguous situations on a consistent basis
- Ability to work non-standard business hours
||Santa Monica, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED