Non-Destructive Test Technician Lead SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Non-Destructive Test Technician Lead
Technicians and Trade Skills | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Direct and coordinate department production activities at the instruction of the NDT Supervisor. Provides leadership, facilitates problem solving with the technicians.
- Provides current status and maintains constant communication with NDI Manager on work in process.
- Keeps management informed of actual or anticipated schedule constraints, material shortages, tool or equipment problems, procedural deficiencies, safety, or housekeeping that may come to their attention.
- Responsible for Calibration of all Ultrasonic Inspection Equipment
- Responsible for creating Purchase Orders for Ultrasonic consumables
- Report job status' to the NDT Supervisor
- Give On The Job Training to non-certified Ultrasonic Inspectors
- Must have a minimum of a High School diploma
- 3-5 years of experience in Ultrasonic Inspections (composites and PAUT are a plus)
- Understand how to read and interpret Procedures and Specification
- Past Experience supervising a small team
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is sometime exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED