Non-Destructive Test Technician (UT/ST - Shearography) - Level II SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Non-Destructive Test Technician (UT/ST - Shearography) - Level II
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Mission Assurance/Quality - SpaceX has a strong belief that launch vehicles and spacecraft can be both cost effective and highly reliable. Our Mission Assurance/Quality team is key to our pursuit of that goal and more specifically also our pursuit of manned spaceflight. The department works in a cross-functional fashion with all other technical teams on a variety of exciting projects, and has great exposure to leadership and the organization as a whole.
- Must have specific experience inspecting carbon, graphite or GRP type materials.
- Perform daily calibrations of equipment specifically related to composites.
- Assist in R&D of inspection techniques (think out of the box).
- Must be able to assist in the writing of new inspection procedures.
- Work with multiple contacts or groups when developing inspections for new applications.
- Must be able to work solo or in small groups.
- High School Diploma and NDT Certifications required
- A minimum of 2 years of NDT Experience in Shearography
- Shearography Level I, II or III
- A minimum of 2 years of NDT experience in Ultrasonic Inspection
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope, limitations, advantages and disadvantages of the methods listed above.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the composite manufacturing process and have a good understanding of the type of discontinuities associated with said process.
- Must be willing and capable to work any shift and be open to travel as required on short notice.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED