Non-Destructive Testing Manager - Level III (UT, PT, ET) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Non-Destructive Testing Manager - Level III (UT, PT, ET)
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- This is a hands-on, working Level 3 position.
- The job duties will consist of supervising NDE personnel and managing day to day issues on the production floor and R&D.
- The daily operations consist of Friction Stir Welds, Electron Beam welds and other weld inspections using Phased Array Ultrasonic methods, eddy current inspections, composite structure inspections and penetrant inspection of welds, castings and other metallic structures.
- You will be tasked with trouble shooting inspection issues, interfacing with engineers on new applications and products and providing instructions to Level 1 and Level 2 inspectors. You will create and update inspection techniques for new and existing products.
- Provide guidance and second opinion evaluations when needed on indications.
- Interface with the Radiography Manager to organize work flow. Provide guidance and training to inexperienced inspectors. Conduct inspections as necessary to provide coverage during high capacity times.
- Level 3 certification in UT.
- Experience in Phased Array and automated inspection of welds.
- Experience in the evaluation of ultrasonic pulse-echo and through transmission C-scan data of welds, composite and metallic structures.
- Experience in Fluorescent penetrant inspection of flight critical hardware.
- Experience using Olympus TomoView software and operation of Phased Array equipment.
- Experience in ultrasonic inspection of composite materials.
- NDT work at SpaceX requires physical exertion, successful candidate should be able to bend, left, climb, and work in confined spaces as needed to complete testing tasks.
- Ability to travel on occasion to our test and launch facilities at Vandenberg, Texas and Cape Canaveral, FL.
- Level 2 or 3 certification in other methods a plus.
- Experience using Air-coupled ultrasonic methods a plus.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED