NX Design Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
NX Design Engineer
Structures Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Structures â€" Our Structures group is responsible for both primary and secondary structures, as well as tooling and machine design. We do both metallic and composite structural fabrication in-house. Most of what you actually see when looking at a launch vehicle or spacecraft is done by our Structures group. With mass and cost so closely correlated in the space business, our Structures group is constantly striving to develop the most efficient body structures ever created.
- Design custom hardware, maintain existing documentation
- Review specifications and other data to develop mechanical layouts.
- Update drawings to support manufacturing with Engineering Change Orders.
- Oversee project documentation
- Create detailed drawings incorporating an understanding of GD&T
- Minimum of 1-3 years of mechanical design and drafting experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience using Unigraphics or related CAD software.
- The ability to manage large assembly models and drawings.
- Must be self-motivated with strong organizational and written & oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- UG/NX expertise preferred.
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T
- Familiarity with welded structures.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED