Office Assistant - Bethesda, MD Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is searching for an Office Assistant for the Bethesda Splunk office (zip code 20827), handling several situations at once with poise and confidence. Comfortable with changing priorities and responsibilities. A great opportunity for a sharp, eager representative interested in jumping on board with one of the fastest growing companies.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Answer phones and transfer calls to the appropriate employees.
- Greet and assist employees & visitors, help direct them to the correct area.
- Responsible for organizing and ordering stationary requests.
- Maintain a pleasant and clean appearance in the office and kitchen.
- Restock food, drinks.
- Accept and sign for packages and distribute mail.
- Occasional filing, bookkeeping and scheduling.
- Manage & maintain vendor relationships.
- Order Splunk Schwag for office, events, tradeshows and customers.
- Follow-up on leads, set tasks for sales reps in Salesforce.
- Manage catering orders daily & set-up for meetings and events.
- Alert and watchful of every visitor who enters the business.
- Inform Facilities Manager of office happenings and report any issues.
- Administrative & facilities duties
- Other responsibilities as required
- 4-10 years experience managing or assisting in managing an office facility
- Experience supporting an office with up to 25 or more employees
- Experience coordinating with vendors, planning small office events and supporting sales or business operations teams.
- Strong organization skills.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working within a customer-facing environment.
- Maintains a calm, courteous and professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast paced environment.
- Enjoy working with a fun, diverse team.
- MUST be able to commute daily to our Bethesda office (zip code 20827)
Education: Got It!
- BS/BA Degree, preferably Business Administration
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is the fastest growing and most pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 600 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of one of the most innovative, disruptive and successful companies in the software industry.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks' vacation, catered lunches on Monday and Friday Breakfast.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
KEYWORDS: office, 'office manager', coordinator, 'Administrator Assistant', Executive, Facilities, 'Washington D.C', Internet, Google, Facebook, sports, 'high technology' software, Oracle, Microsoft, McAfee, BEA, Cisco, Autodesk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED