Office Manager Etsy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About the Etsy Facilities Team
The Facilities Team is responsible for insuring the safety, functionality and overall positive vibrations of Etsy?s offices. Our team handles everything from long-term real estate planning, site selection and general maintenance, to food programming, interior design, art curation and custom fabrication of furniture pieces in our in-house workshop. We consider our offices a platform to inspire employees and visitors, reinforce Etsy?s brand and culture and support independent artisans and businesses in line with our ideas about community, well-being, ecology and investment. Our offices give us a vivid and tactile way to share Etsy's values and reinforce the holistic, collaborative and creative spirit that drives our business. In this way, the offices are among our most important recruiting assets and communications tools.
About the Job
The primary role of the Office Manager is to facilitate the day-to-day operations of the Hudson office. The Office Manager will act as the point person for troubleshooting, Etsy special programming, intra-office logistics, purchasing and tracking of supplies and inventory. The Office Manager plays an active and essential role in maintaining the culture of the office and will have an important relationship with key team managers.
General Office Quality Control
- Oversee work performed by cleaning service.
- Insure kitchen and common areas are functional and neat.
- Communicate to the facilities team when spaces need special work scheduled or upgrades performed.
- Help insure that spaces are up to code (that staffers have not blocked exits and walkways by rearranging furniture).
- Make sure conference rooms and meeting areas are stocked with supplies, and tables and chairs are arranged properly.
- Follow template set by Arts and Interiors lead for proper furniture layout for each space.
- Purchasing, invoicing, quoting & allocation of office supplies.
- Manage existing relationships with suppliers and community vendors. Develop new ones as required.
- Inventory of office floors. Reconciling discrepancies in billings.
- Tracking expenses and budgets.
- Managing Amex and petty cash accounts and creating monthly reports.
- Create responsible purchasing strategy along with Values and Impact Team and sustainability consultants.
- Coordinate travel for support staff and visitors to Etsy Hudson.
- Obtain insurance certificates from outside vendors when necessary
Visitors and onboarding
- Greet and host special visitors to the office.
- Act as point person for communication between managers, remotes and facilities team.
- Track desk and office chair availability for new hires and remotes.
- Insure location for incoming hire or remote is clean and ready to go.
- Help with ergonomic evaluations when necessary.
Office Furniture Coordination and Inventory
- Help set up/move and arrange furniture in response to staff requests/special occasions.
- Inventory of desk chairs, desks, conference chairs, white boards - place new orders and schedule deliveries.
- Maintain cleanliness and good working order of existing furniture
- Work with Arts and Interior Design Lead on new commissions, new contracts where necessary.
- Renew orders and purchase in advance of needs furniture where contracts have been negotiated and established.
Etsy Programs Coordination
- Manage Etsy?s twice weekly catered lunch program (Eatsy) by sourcing and coordinating vendors, establishing contracts, set up, clean up and invoice payments.
- Source and purchase healthy, locally produced snacks and beverages.
- Run Etsy?s sustainability practices and waste reduction program within the office: tracking recycling, compost, waste to landfill and energy usage.
- Plan special events and office celebrations within budget.
- Coordinate volunteering program.
What we?re looking for in you:
- Relevant work experience managing an office or creative business.
- You are cheerful, super flexible and able to smile and work well under pressure.
- A ?big picture? thinker that can spot potential problems before they arise.
- Super duper problem-solver and troubleshooter.
- A creative, colorful person who inspires others and is inspired!
- Leadership, organization and great time management.
- Diplomatic, patient and have a positive outlook and influence.
- Party planning and vendor relations experience.
- You love environmental sustainability and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Love community, networking, hosting and making stuff happen.
- Big plus if you are handy with tools!
As you?ve probably guessed, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don?t want you to be like everyone else, we don?t even want you to be like us?we want you to be like you! So if you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, write to us in your own human voice and tell us what inspires you about Etsy and why you think you are perfect for our team when you send your resume If you have a presence on the web that we can easily access (blog, twitter, facebook, rap sheet), contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice another craft, that means something to us, and we would love to hear about it when you write!
||325 Gold Street |
Brooklyn, NY 11201
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED