On-Site Coordinator BioStorage Technologies
The statements below reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major
responsibilities of the identified position and are not to be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
The On-Site Coordinator is responsible for understanding and performing all functions related to
processing samples, and ensuring that all SOPs are properly followed, maintaining
communications, including reporting functions, within Sample Management Operations while
ensuring customer needs are met.
The On-Site Coordinator will also be responsible for performing routine and non-routine
maintenance on all freezer storage units and facilities equipment. In addition, this position will
assist with calibration and validation testing on equipment, unpacking and installing new
equipment, and for stocking inventory and keeping an accurate account of operations
Additional job specifics will be outlined for each client/location based upon contracted services.
Additionally, the On-Site Coordinator will continually seek opportunities to improve processes,
throughput, and new services.
Major Responsibilities, Activities and Task Statements:
1. Manage all aspects of Sample Management operations, consumables, supplies and
2. Manage sample processing requests from customers to include package receipt, inbound shipments, data entry, sample accessioning, sample labeling, assignment of
storage and processing of discard requests via web ISISS or manually created and
3. Competent registration of hand-built samples, import manifests previously broken
down and QC content including formatting. 4. Perform simple laboratory tasks including aliquoting, DNA extraction, media
preparation and the like.
5. Facilitate resolution of query requests.
6. Perform or facilitate the creation of client specific SOPs, Project Definitions and other
7. Facilitate inbound and outbound shipments including contact with sender and receiver
8. Manage customer?s inventory and provide information to customers upon request.
9. Perform required freezer preventative maintenance.
10. Assist with the validation and calibration of essential operations equipment.
11. Ensure equipment and facility is maintained in good working order. Ensure all service
failures are identified, investigated, and reported appropriately.
12. Initiate communication with multiple contacts within customer site to maintain or
cultivate relationships and gather intelligence about customers' needs and problems.
To maintain a high customer service level, the On-Site Coordinator should share all
relevant information with other BST locations and/or copy them on applicable staff
email communications with global clients. On-Site Coordinator should also regularly
communicate with sales leads.
13. Proactively manage and drive the resolution of client issues while promoting
continuous process improvement. Assist in developing, implementing, validating and
testing of new processes and equipment.
14. Coordinate with Sales and Operations to anticipate customer needs.
15. If applicable, direct the daily activities of operations staff and assign work to achieve
the greatest effectiveness. Assist others in resolving technical or operational problems
to ensure an accurate and timely resolution.
16. If applicable, train staff in operational processes such as receipt, data entry,
registration, labeling and storage of samples.
17. Maintain a safe work environment by following all established safety and universal
precautions guidelines and procedures.
18. Ensure adherence to all BST quality and safety policies and SOPs as well as assigned
location safety policies.
19. Perform routine and non-routine quality checks as directed.
20. Maintain own training file and required documentation.
21. Provide management with reports/data as required.
22. Other duties as assigned. Position Specifications
? Bachelors degree
? Previous experience handling biological specimens
? Good written and verbal communication
? Have demonstrated ability to talk to customers, managers, technical personnel with
? Demonstrated leadership skills; able to work across organizational lines
? Customer Service background
? Organized and detail oriented
? Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and make good judgment about what to
reveal to customers
? Demonstrated high level of initiative and ability to work independently
? Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and email
? Problem solving
? Ability to work independently
? Able to lift 50 lbs
? Degree in Life Sciences
? IATA certified
Organizational Core Competencies:
? Guided by a set of core values and beliefs to guide behavior and performance
? Represents information accurately and openly
? Demonstrates fairness in dealing with others
? Uses appropriate judgment in maintaining confidentiality
? Displays consistent loyalty to company values even under pressure
? Acts objectively and inspires trust
? Considers the client perspective when creating policies, procedures and solutions.
? Attentive and responsive to customer requests.
? Listens to and anticipates needs of the customer.
? Identifies, influences and manages customer expectations.
? Aligns priorities with the customer?s priorities.
? Acts with a sense of urgency on behalf of customer needs.
? Recognizes that building relationships are critical for success-internal and external.
Accountability to Team and Self
? Is open to learning ones tendencies ? areas of strengths and areas of development
knows ones strengths and limits
? Understand behavior impact on others
? Acknowledges accountability for performance and its influence on team
? Recognition that intent and actions should be aligned, with sensitivity to others perceptions
? Demonstrates support for the group over personal wishes
? Anticipate, identify, confront and overcome barriers in order to successfully complete a
task or project.
? Focuses on outcomes rather than activities.
? Demonstrates personal contribution to accomplish goals.
? Drives and produces efficient solutions ? actively pursues process improvement.
? Consistently delivers on commitments and goals.
? Drives quality standards and maintains these standards.
? Follow established guidelines for quality assurance.
? Takes accountability for mistakes through self-reporting, corrective action, and
? Consistently demonstrates accuracy, compliance and gold standards service
? Ambassador of quality throughout the organization.
? Employee will be working in an area with potentially infectious materials. Employee will
be responsible for maintaining a clean work environment and enforce and follow
Universal Precautions for bloodborne pathogens when working in an area considered to
be potentially contaminated.
? Moderate travel may be required
||Andover, MA |