Online Mentor The American Academy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The American Academy is looking for an Online Mentor to join our team. Online mentors work directly with online high school students to support the successful completion of a high school diploma. Online mentors serve multiple counseling and support roles for the student, parent, and other involved parties. The chosen candidate will be responsible for promoting the mission of The American Academy through exceptional student serviceand ultimately, directly affect the success of students.
Our ideal candidate has online education and/or academic advising or counseling experience with a passion for promoting online learning.
This is a full-time position located at our school office in Salt Lake City, Utah.
1. Mentor students proactively through the process of completing and earning a high school diploma, including:
- Provide program information and enrollment assistance to students, parents, and internal staff members via telephone, email, or other communications methods.
- Review students transcripts and assists students in creating a learning plan.
- Review students post-high school goals and coordinates with case managers and students in creating a high school and beyond plan.
- Schedule and coordinate test proctoring with case managers.
2. Ensure that tasks for needed academic materials for students are resolved in a timely manner
3. Ensure that student record information is complete and accurate.
4. Coordinate with cross-functional staff to envelop students in a fully supported experience.
5. Monitor, track, and record student communications and interactions.
6. Ensure that processes and procedures comply with local, school district, and federal regulations as defined by senior management.
7. Advocate for students, parents, and other internal staff with regard to senior management.
Desired Experience and Requirement
1. Valid teaching, counseling, or administrator license is highly desirable.
2. Undergraduate degree required, degree in Education or Counseling strongly preferred.
3. 1 year successful educational counseling service strongly preferred.
4. Experience in high school teaching, tutoring or mentoring, or high school operations is highly desirable.
5. Persuasive, engaging, and motivational written and verbal communication skills.
6. Critical thinking, curiosity and good listening skills are very important.
7. Well-developed emotional intelligence (ability to empathize/sympathize and motivate).
8. Team-focused, can-do attitude about the achievement of goals.
9. Superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently.
10. Solid knowledge of web-based applications for contact management and scheduling.
11. Experience with various learning management systems (LMS) strongly preferred.
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) or equivalent.
13. Native speaking Spanish is a plus.
||Salt Lake City, UT |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED