REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - GREAT LAKES
WHO WE ARE
Revolutionizing the foodservice industry, Restaurant Technologies, Inc. (RTI) is the developer, distributor, and service provider of the foodservice industry's leading automated solution for storing, handling, and disposing of frying oil. Our solution is environmentally sound, eliminating handling concerns. Corporate website: www.rti-inc.com
RTI's innovative solution has revolutionized safety and operations by eliminating the previous hazards and inconvenience of handling frying oil with our closed loop system. RTI partners with biodiesel refiners to supply our used cooking oil as feedstock for sustainable energy.
Headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota, with a growing number of depot sites strategically located across the U.S., RTI is a growing company, serving over 17,000 customer sites in over 42 metropolitan markets.
We serve the leaders in the foodservice industry which include - McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Albertsons, White Castle, KFC, Carrabba's, Applebee's, Chili's, and leading independent restaurants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead regional sales teams in selling and managing key accounts including:
- Presentations to large or key groups/accounts
- Closing / signing key accounts
- Guidance in managing a roll-out process
- Develop relationships and maintain communications with key customers (key franchisees, concept specific influencers) with a focus on account retention.
- Direct test or trial period programs, participating in 30, 60, and 90 day reviews with or without the participation of the National account team.
- Lead renewal activities in partnership with National Account Managers around large franchisee groups.
- Ensure achievement of overall regional sales and retention goals.
- Work closely with Territory Managers to ensure that the sales teams and depots achieve their individual and team goals, maintain high standards of service and customer satisfaction, and retain good customers.
- Develop careers, skills, talents and professionalism of the assigned sales team.
- Identify franchise and regional account opportunities.
- Ensure the smooth transition of sales leads, policies and programs from National account team to Regional account team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Education/Experience - Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; 5+ years successful sales experience, plus 2 years of sales management experience.
- Travel Ability - Ability to travel overnight required (up to 75%).
- Leadership - Ability to motivate and discipline others. Able to lead and manage up to ten (10) regional / depot sales teams (10-15 reps), including: sales planning and forecasting, team building, coaching and training, results and compensation management, technical support, prospecting, and account closure and retention.
- Sales â€" Demonstrates success with entire sales process including prospecting, presenting, obtaining commitment, closing the sale and account retention. Proficient with the sales process.
- Customer Service and Relationships â€" Manages customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, and responds to requests for service and commitment. Actively engages in retention activities with key customers including periodic business reviews. Builds strong relationships with key franchise groups and other critical customers.
- Leadership â€" Demonstrates strong leadership and planning skills, with the ability to mentor and develop others. Ability to build a strong bench for succession.
- Oral Communication â€" Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations: Listens and gets clarification: Responds well to questions; actively participates in meetings. Communicates at leadership levels and prepares/presents to large audiences.
- Math Ability - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Planning â€" Strategic planning skills required that deliver results. Ability to identify appropriate course corrections as necessary to drive results.
- Base salary + Commission and Bonus Potential
- 3 weeks PTO, 6 Holidays/4 Float, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life, STD/LTD, Flex Spending, Tuition
To protect our employees and customers and provide a safe and healthy work environment, new hires are required to successfully complete a Criminal Background Check, Motor Vehicles Records, DOT Physical Exam (DOT employees only) and Pre-Hire Drug Screen Exam.
RTI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V