Our Operation Center in Pleasanton, CA is looking for a Swing Shift and/or Weekend Shift Ops Engineer focused on system administration, monitoring, and incident management. The ideal candidate will have experience troubleshooting and resolving complex system related issues in a customer facing environment.Â Experience with a SaaS multi-tenant cloud environment is also helpful.Â The candidate will be part of a team within Operations that drives incident response and restoration across a number of mission critical services. The candidate will join a high energy company and a team of very dedicated individuals.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Monitoring key aspects of critical Workday systems via tools and performing proactive health checks for incident detection.
* Triaging, managing and resolving or escalating incidents related to real time availability/performance of servers, network devices, and applications that underpin Workday's key services.
* Ensuring the highest levels of service availability (up-time) by being the technical subject matter expert (hands on the keyboard) during the most complex incidents/outages related to Workday's online services.
* Driving service related activities through standard processes (i.e. change management, incident management).
* Perform System Administration activities in a Linux environment (account creation, system backup, etc.)
* Working with other teams in Operations to continually improve/mature our processes and tools.
* Working with Ops center personnel, service owners, product groups, development teams, engineering, vendors, and others to improve key operational metrics (Quality, Customer Sat, etc.).
* Documenting troubleshooting guides and recovery procedures for service impacting incidents that can be used by Network Operations Center (NOC) resources.
Required basic qualifications:
* 3 or more years experience in an operations organization.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills.
* B.S. degree in CS, EE or equivalent experience.
* Experience with formal Change, Incident and Release Management processes a plus.
* Ability to perform in high-stress, crisis situations.
This is a swing shift or weekend position in a 24x7 environment. The candidate must be able to workÂ evenings and must be flexible to a change in shift schedule.
Technical expertise required:
* Operating Systems (Linux)
* Databases (MySQL, Oracle)
* Network appliances (firewalls, load balancers, proxy/cache servers)
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
* Internet software platforms (web servers, application servers)
* Storage systems (NAS)
* Experience supporting Software as a Service platform is a plus.
|Location:||Pleasanton, CA |
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588