Operations Project Manager Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
Workday is looking for an Operations Project ManagerÂ to successfully plan, execute and drive the completion of multiple parallel projects under aggressive timeline and within budget. You must be able to work with Product Management, Operations, Development, QA, Architecture, Release Management, Support and 3rd party consultants to acquire resources, coordinate project activities, and innovate along with changing technology and business priorities.Â In addition, the Project Manager will help to define and implement Technical Operations Project Management processes including roadmap planning, capacity planning, and integration with the company wide product development life cycle.Â Â
- Run complex projects from design and development to production
- Define project scope and requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment
- Develop high level and detail schedule for project implementation
- Define resource requirements and work with functional managers to book required resources for projects.
- Develop and execute risk mitigation plan and proactively identify and resolve issues
- Plan, schedule and monitor project deliverables, goals, milestones
- Ensure project documentation is complete and SAS-70, ISO and PCI standards are met
- Recognize opportunities for improvement and take initiatives to implement changes
- Strong organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Assist in the development of the project management office including capacity planning, roadmap management, extension of consistent standards and metrics
Education and/or Relevant Experience:
- Bachelors degree or higher in relevant field
- 10 years direct work experience in a project management capacity including scope and requirements definition, problem solving and process improvements in current Internet-based technology environment.Â Experience leading and participating in technical and cross-functional projects is required.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred
- Experience in either Software as a Service or Consumer Web Organizations
- Experience in managing Operations projects in support of Product Development Programs
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environments is essential
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
The Workday Experience is the combination of everything thatâ²s unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, Cantina happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly itâ²s our people. Itâ²s everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a workday. At Workday, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Workday does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Workday will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services