Operations Technician III SeaMobile
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED DEPARTMENT: Holmdel Operations Center
EXEMPT: NON-EXEMPT REPORTS TO: Manager, Holmdel Operations
JOB CODE: ST445NJ LOCATION: Holmdel, NJ
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the timely and accurate availability of all programming content for
SeaMobile. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Holmdel earth station facility including RF and terrestrial
systems in support of video, voice, data and Internet services.
- Coordinates daily activities of the transmission service function on the network.
- Accurately maintains all necessary information on program media and various systems.
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure effective results on all workflows.
- Schedules listing service, conditional access, automation and subscription management information.
- Monitors service level and takes appropriate action to maintain.
- Schedules recording and monitors live broadcast events.
- Generates reports identifying the media status during various stages in the life of a program, ensuring all
program media is accurate and available for broadcast.
- Establishes good working relationship with internal/external departments to ensure timely completion of various
- Monitors and maintains quality levels for the telecommunications network for anomalies and handle issues from
customers according to established procedures for management and technical escalations.
- Actively participates in group discussions and meetings.
- Disseminates appropriate information to direct report and department as needed.
- Performs Program Preparation and Quality Control tasks of media content.
- Uses test, measurement and diagnostic equipment to analyze, interpret, troubleshoot, document and restore
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains various satellite equipment: LNA?s, Transmitters, Converters
and Modems with all associated protection switches.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots Channel Banks, CSU/DSU?s, switches, routers, and DAX equipment.
- Activates, maintains and troubleshoots antenna-deicing procedures under inclement weather conditions.
- Tests and troubleshoots all data rates on all Terrestrial and Satellite circuits from OC-x to DS0?s.
- Initiates emergency restoration procedures following commercial power failures.
- Monitors earth station and terrestrial systems for proper operation.
- Documents and troubleshoots station equipment and initiates equipment repairs.
- Works with customers in the configuration and troubleshooting of digital satellite equipment.
- Monitors and troubleshoots RF, IF, and L-band satellite networks.
- Advanced knowledge of IP routing and switching theory, frame relay, and VoIP configuration and
- Provide remote troubleshooting of earth station to mobile/stabilized VSAT systems and terrestrial circuits.
- Interact with satellite provider as needed to resolve anomalies reported by spacecraft operator.
- Monitor network bandwidth usage on a daily basis.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
This position reports to the Director of Operations, Holmdel Operations Center and interacts with the following:
Programming Acquisitions, IT, Network Control Center, Operations, Contractors and Vendors.MTN
This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. F4
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
? Associates Degree or technical school graduate or equivalent experience. 1-2 years experience within the
Broadcast/Satellite industry required (preferably in Operations, NOC and/or Program Prep) plus a minimum of
3years experience in the Satcom industry.
? Minimum of 3 years experience working with iDirect NMS
? Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
? Must have strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to analyze relationships between problem components.
? Possesses the capacity to identify and prioritize issues.
? Good verbal and written communication skills necessary.
? Proactive and resourceful individual and detail-oriented
? Knowledgeable and experienced with terrestrial transmission media to include switching and routing networks,
satellite transmission and reception equipment, broadcast video standards and digital services.
? Completion of iDirect Basic and Advanced IOM courses desired.
? This position requires a TS/SCI clearance. The candidate must also meet suitability standards that must be
reviewed on a case by case basis to include but not limited to: Foreign National relationships, Criminal and
Credit history and other events which may require mitigation for attaining additional clearances.
Travel up to 30%. The Holmdel Broadcast Center is a 24x7 facility and requires a candidate that is flexible to be
available for any shift and to work weekends as required. Must have the ability to lift and move equipment up to 75
pounds. Must be able to climb antennas up to 30 ft.
WRITTEN BY: Mark DeSantis & Monica Mancuso
||Holmdel, NJ |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED