At Epocrates, we're always looking for bright individuals with proven track records who are motivated to make a difference. We offer a competitive salary, excellent health benefits, and a fun working environment. Our products and services not only help physicians care for their patients but also open up lucrative markets and opportunities. If you are interested in joining a dynamic group of team members at a Silicon Valley venture well positioned in an emerging sector, this may be the place for you!
The successful candidate for this position will work closely with developers as they develop leading-edge, dynamic, robust medical applications with end users numbering in the hundreds of thousands in an Oracle environment.
While we're looking for an individual that can handle emergencies, the ideal candidate will have a strong dedication to process, standardization, best practices, documentation, and minimizing the risk of emergency situations. Such an individual should view producing good documentation and maintaining tight configuration management as mission critical activities.
- Assist in the planning, design and implementation of new consumer products, database projects and the database component of various engineering projects.
- Design database schema for new products/projects and schema modifications to support product enhancements.
- Assist software engineers in query performance tuning as requested. Help identify inefficient queries; suggest alternatives in a constructive manner.
- Actively address developer and business unit requests, clearly communicating commitments, issues, completion dates and status with the requestor and with management.
- Write PL/SQL packages and stored procedures as part of product development.
- Design, document and perform data loads as required by the business needs.
- Ensure the quality, consistency and security of company data and database systems by following a defined set of procedures and facilities (change control, security procedures, etc).
- Follow standards â€" documentation, data formats, naming conventions and change control. Follow standardized routine database maintenance procedures across all environments.
- Understand the corporate business and appropriately prioritize activities to best serve business needs.
- Has strong problem solving skills, the ability and desire to learn Epocrates applications and new technologies rapidly
- 3-5 years Oracle Database Engineer / DBA experience
- Must have a detailed familiarity with relational database schema design and experience designing and implementing the database components of software applications
- Oracle experience is required, and Oracle 11g experience is desired
- Ability to analyze and change schema design and articulate performance impacts.
- Intermediate PL/SQL skills are required; Advanced PL/SQL skills are desirable.
- Proficiency with UNIX (Solaris and linux), shell scripting and crons are desired
- Knowledge of MySQL or PostgreSQL is a plus
- ERD tools experience is a plus.
- Must communicate effectively with management, peers and customers.
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be authorized to work for any US company.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or related field
|Location:||San Mateo, CA |
|Headquarters:||1100 Park Place|
San Mateo, CA 94403