Oracle DBA eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Current Openings Â» Oracle DBA
Technology Operations | Santa Monica, CA
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people's lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We're looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We're the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That's 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
We regularly host Meetups for the Los Angeles Tech Community, with talks given by top technology experts. Videos of our Meetups are available at: http://talks.eharmony.com/
We're recruiting for a Skilled Senior Oracle DBA to join the eHarmony team!
Candidates for this position should have a good understanding of database concepts and technologies in general. They should have significant experience with UNIX/Linux systems, administering Oracle 10G/11G database instances, Data Guard, Oracle RAC, ASM, RMAN, Oracle Streams. SQL optimization experience is required.
- Manage overall DB access
- Install and configure new databases based on best practices
- Perform day to day database administration on existing databases including implementing patches and upgrades as needed
- Work with development team in optimizing SQLs
- Participate as a member of the engineering teams for database-related tasks
- Develop, test, and implement the appropriate backup procedures
- Design, test and implement Oracle high availability solutions
- Maintain effective database performance monitoring procedures
- Perform database tuning for optimal performance to meet Business SLAs
- Control and monitor user access to databases and maintain database security
- Allocate storage and develop plans for future storage requirements
- Maintain documentation of systems and standard operating policies and procedures
- Resolve development and QA database requests
- Provide technical assistance and mentor junior members of the team
- Be available for rotating on-call.
- 5 or more years of progressive work as an Oracle Developer and Oracle Database Administrator
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL tuning and writing skills - required
- UNIX/Linux Systems experience - required
- Oracle 10 RAC and 11.2 RAC - required
- ASM experience - required
- Hands-on experience with RMAN - required
- Experience with OEM â€" required
- Prepared to be on the On-Call rotation
- Oracle data guard experience is a big plus
- Oracle Streams and / or SharePlex experience is a big plus
- Experience with MySQL and / or SQL Server is a big plus.
- Experience in migration from Oracle RAC 10.2 to RAC 11.2 is a big plus.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a constant desire to improve the database architecture and environment
- Experience in large scale environments
- Experience with designing new databases and supporting existing ones.
- Working in a 24x7 high volume environment
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
||Technology Operations, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED