Oracle DBA Astadia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Area of Interest: Information Technology
Position Type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Remote Employees-Client Site
City: St. Louis
State / Province: Missouri
Requirements: Please see job description
Job Title ? Oracle DBA
The qualified candidate for this position will provide Oracle Database Support for UNIX and Windows platforms. They will review, analyze and modify database and database environments to increase system stability and performance.
- 24x7 support of the production system for Break/fix situations.
- General technical support and Q&A.
- Problem research and resolution (dev, test and production).
- Resolve client software issues.
- Support for upgrades, patches and bug fixes.
- Upgrade client software.
- Test administrative functions.
- Perform Database upgrades and Oracle patches.
- Application development support.
- Monitor the dev, test and production systems, and adjust/correct as needed.
- Monitor overall system performance.
- Resolve customer application process alerts.
- Resolve Oracle monitor alerts.
- Overall system resource usage: monitor top consumers and investigate as needed.
- Complete Rman Backups.
- Maintain backup scripts ? review automated report. Review automated report and correct items that could potentially cause failures.
- Archive log usage ? metrics collection, primarily for use in problem investigation.
- Monitor for long-running transactions which could potentially impact performance.
- Ability to learn new applications and concepts quickly (app/server/network/database).
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Tendency toward analysis with ability to distinguish between meaningful trends and noise.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and responsibility for the health and well-being of systems.
- Ability to communicate with team members and business contacts.
- Ability to handle ad hoc requests as well as planned activities.
- Build good relationships with business and IT partners.
- Ability to provide weekly status on deliverables, issues, etc.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues.
- Take responsibility for seeing issues through to resolution.
- A Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred; equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- 3+ years of database administration experience with Oracle 10g & 11g on Windows platforms
- 3+ years experience troubleshooting and problem solving Oracle Database solutions
- Demonstrated experience using Unix shell scripting a plus
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle backup and recovery techniques a plus
- Database, SQL and performance/tuning.
- OEM and Data Grid experience.
- Unix/Windows administration
- Shell scripting
- Perl experience desired but not required
- On-site Support at client campus location in Saint Louis, MO
- Normal working hours, M-F, 8:00am ? 5:00pm CST
- 24x7 on-call as required
||St. Louis, MO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED