Orbital Tube Welder SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Orbital Tube Welder
Technicians and Trade Skills | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Follow established procedures to setup and operate the orbital welding system.
- Work from blue prints and approved drawings.
- Cut and prepare all tubing and fittings used in the welding operation.
- Perform setup of the welding system.
- Assembles and calibrates liquid controllers and systems as required.
- Inspect all completed assemblies using the borescope inspection system.
- Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts for the welding system.
- Maintain a clean work area. Maintain a file of all work records
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Certification from a formal orbital weld training program or 3 years of experience required
- Position will require standing for long periods of time, up to 6 hours a day
Additional position information
- Certification from an orbital weld training program preferred
- A&P License is a plus
- Tig Welding and Clean room experience is preferred
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED