OSP Technical Specialist Martin Group, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED CHR Solutions has immediate openings for OSP Technical Specialists in the state of Texas. The OSP Technical Specialist will oversee Outside Plant activities and supervise field personnel and OSP technicians assigned to the field project.
1. Responsible for quality of OSP processes.
2. Recommend procedures and techniques for improving the quality and efficiency of OSP operations.
3. Monitor OSP project engineering costs against executed 217 engineering contracts or other proposal documents. Notify OSP Director and PM in the event that planned OSP engineering budgets are exceeded and/or a change of scope is identified.
4. Prepare and supervise the preparation of outside plant plans and specifications.
5. Perform or supervise Pre-Bid activities notices of proposed bid and distribution of bid packages.
6. Conduct Pre-Bid conference meetings.
7. Conduct bid opening meetings.
8. Review bids and perform bid analysis and recommendations for OSP projects.
9. Recommend changes in operating procedures to assure proper engineering standards.
10. Prepare associated drawings and procedures.
11. Coordinate personnel to assure timely project completion.
12. Verify that OSP understands and complies with the procedures relative to the use of the OSP central files.
13. Stay abreast of state of technologies in area of expertise.
14. Conduct periodic audits of office and field operations to verify compliance with CHRs compliance with contractual commitments and with procedural guidelines.
15. Prepare closeout documentation and oversee the closeout process.
Education and Experience Requirements
1. Technical degree or high school education preferred.
2. Ten or more years of OSP experience.
3. Two or more years of OSP project management experience.
4. Complete and thorough knowledge of OSP functions.
5. Experience and expertise in RUS OSP contracts, rules, and regulations required.
6. Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook.
7. Ability to travel 60 to on-site projects.
8. Current drivers license and reliable personal transportation required.
||Lubbock, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED