Outside Events and Communication Specialist - 6 month project position Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
--Promega is seeking and Outside Events and Communications Specialist for a 6 month project position. This position will not be eligible for Promega's medical insurance plan. The hours for this position will range between 32 and 40 hours, and will be required to work nights and weekends.--
JOB OBJECTIVE: Facilitate the coordination of events for Promega?s customers associated with their use of the BioPharmaceutical Technology Center (BTC) facility. Support the Corporate Affairs team with Corporate on-site events.
PUBLIC EVENT DUTIES:
1. Develop and maintain excellent public relations with existing and potential outside events customers.
2. Oversee the fulfillment of room configuration requests and schedules.
3. Greet outside events customers and manage contracted services throughout event.
4. Assist outside events customers with use of audio/visual equipment, and arrange technical assistance support with IT department when necessary.
5. Establish, maintain, and enforce outside events guidelines and documentation.
6. Act as information resource for internal customers regarding room availability conflicts, setup suggestions and A/V equipment operation.
7. Flexibility in schedule to accommodate events customers and to provide back-up coverage for daytime, evening and weekend events as needed.
8. Monitor and assist with set up and clean up of meeting rooms for outside events customers when necessary.
9. Provide customer service for outside events customers, to include photocopying and message and fax delivery.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATION DUTIES:
1. Provide Madison event support with direction from the Manager, Communications and Events.
2. Create internal posters, flyers and PowerPoint assistance.
3. Provide back up for administrative, Corporate Store orders and Customer Experience Program when needed.
4. Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
1. Two-year or four-year degree plus two years? appropriate work experience, or the equivalent in communications, event planning, hospitality or PR.
2. Proficient computer and software skills in Windows, word processing, spreadsheets and knowledge of scheduling packages, electronic mail and presentation software.
3. Understanding of and commitment to providing a high level of customer service. Strong customer service skills, experience, or training. Ability to anticipate customer needs and follow through to complete tasks to the customer?s satisfaction.
4. Self-starter with proven problem solving skills who can work independently with little or no supervision.
5. Strong organizational skills and prioritization, experience and training. Ability to establish priorities that are consistent with the successful completion of daily goals.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills. Ability to provide clear, tactful, and professional communications with the general public and internal staff.
7. Ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment and ability to handle multiple tasks, and switch gears with ease and flexibility.
8. Demonstrated ability as a key team player in a team-oriented environment. Experience in management of projects and/or processes.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and elements of the Promega Quality System applicable to our business.
1. Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, InDesign for PC, Photoshop and additional design elements.
2. Excellent phone etiquette.
1. Ability to occasionally move boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
2. Ability to move/set up meeting room tables and audio-visual equipment.
3. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
4. Ability to work with computer equipment and multiple-line telephones.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED