Packaging Engineer Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Responsible for design and implementation of all packaging materials, including custom racks, standard baskets, totes, in-process packaging, expendable packaging, and material handling equipment. Support facilities by resolving packaging issues with current production parts.
- Support the Company's mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key metrics to support the departmental goals.
- Designs and develops protective packaging containers, dunnage and unique racks.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to determine physical requirements, quality, safety and materials needs.
- Helps determine cost and feasibility of producing versus purchasing packaging.
- Creates drawings, specifications, samples, and written analyses of packaging for approvals.
- Analyzes engineering designs and specification to establish physical requirements.
- Evaluates quality assurance, logistics, safety, and materials alternatives.
- Helps determine container costs, movement costs and feasibility limitations.
- May lead project teams of significant scope including other engineering colleagues.
- May coordinate vendor and/or colleague work assignments on packaging projects.
- May lead cross-functional work teams.
- Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Work with customer contacts to gain approval for packaging
- Work with Plant manufacturing both internally and externally to determine packaging requirements
- Maintain packaging records for all current production and service parts, including history of changes
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Packaging or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years Automotive Packaging experience (preferred)
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals and project documentation.
- Ability to lead presentations to leadership as required.
- Knowledge of logistics, transportation alternatives and customer expectations.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, product designs, safety, quality and workflow needs.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
||Fremont, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED